Is your desire to work for a company with an exceptional team culture, great benefits, and opportunity for career advancement? Atlas Staffing is hiring an Sr. Mechanical Strategic Quoting Specialist for our reputable client in the Electronics Manufacturing industry. This is a Permanent position with a direct placement opportunity, located in the Spokane, WA, area. If you are looking to utilize your professional experience with a team that’s passionate about growth and success, then please give us a call for more details!
SR STRATEGIC QUOTING SPECIALIST - MECHANICAL
JOB SUMMARY: Manage assigned quote project(s) with little or no supervision. Provide on time most strategic, competitive, and accurate final Material Quote(s). Develop mutually beneficial business relationships with key strategic suppliers to achieve best overall material cost.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
· Deliver/present accurate and comprehensive mechanical product quotes based upon a combination of financial analysis, component/industry experience, and rational reasoning.
· Apply logic and sanity check all material and other costs. Work with quote team and engineering to update costs before routing for signatures.
· Work with Quote Team Management and Program Management to ensure customer satisfaction goals and objectives through on-time delivery of competitive, clear, concise, and valid quotes.
· Oversee the quote process throughout the entire quote lifespan.
· Able to manage multiple projects concurrently while meeting tight deadlines.
· Ensure that quote schedules are met, priorities are observed, and deviations are communicated to the business team.
· Communicate clearly and concisely.
· Perform individual analysis of incoming quotes for accuracy, using logic and experience to resolve cost issues before entry finalization.
· Determine when projects will be completed and sign up to a commit date for delivery to the customer.
· Identify any constraints that may impede or prevent projects from being completed on time and escalate issues as necessary to Quote Team Management to ensure a successful project outcome.
· Work with Manufacturing Engineers to develop ‘make/buy decisions’ based on the data and facts collected throughout the project.
· Keep Quote Team Management informed as issues are identified and major milestones are achieved.
· Participate in daily quote project status meetings to ensure that project remains successful and current.
· Run and analyze QAD reports
· Perform other duties assigned or requested.
· Participate in quarterly business reviews.
· Work with suppliers and internal stakeholders on continuous improvement initiatives.
· Leads department process improvement and training teams.
· Leads quoting activities for new and existing business in a timely manner.
· Provides direction to and mentors direct reports, if applicable, and other department personnel in support of department and company goals and objectives
· Provide support to Commodity Management, as required on Semi-Annual quotes and other possible assignments.
This position may have a minimum of one direct report and reports directly to the Material Costing Sr. Manager.
· Broad & deep knowledge of plastic, metal, and/or mechanical components (including ability to find alternates), sources and their performance, pricing, and delivery channel.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or a related technical field.
· Six plus years experience in manufacturing planning, purchasing, negotiations, or supplier relations.
· Six plus years’ experience utilizing MRP system.
· Demonstrated ability to anticipate and interpret commodity trends accurately
· Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
· Sound written and oral communication skills; must be able to write and understand routine reports, follow oral and written instructions, and speak effectively.
· Must have knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, and be familiar with commonly used email, Internet, word processing, databases and spreadsheets.
· Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and materials. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
· Must have a thorough understanding of multi-level BOMs.
· Must be able to analyze and validate material estimates.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field.
- Eight plus years direct procurement experience with strong knowledge of MRP systems, QuoteWin, QuoteFX, QAD, or similar software.
- CPIM, CPM, or other related certification.
- Experience in Contract Manufacturing and EMS industry desired with an emphasis in supporting an offshore manufacturing facility.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, talk, hear, and see. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or reach with hands and arms. The environment is fast-paced; time pressured, and requires accuracy. The employee will regularly multi-task between projects, be required to move throughout the office building, and effectively communicate. The normal environment is quiet and typical of an open cubical setting with some areas that may be louder at times.